There’s still a wide variation of things out there that need to be properly veganized and one thing we found highly underrepresented is: Drinks (or, as the German chapter of the team would pronounce it: Dwinks!)! So if we can interest you in browsing through those crazy Corona times a little tipsy, why not look into what our very own Head Of Sales Wenke has been coming up with in her spare time. Got booze?
Words: Wenke Walter
Photos: Isabelle Bamberg
- 2 oz - Gin (we used Brandstifter Dry Gin)
- 3/4 oz - Cointreau
- 1 oz - fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz - chili pepper syrup (you can also use store-bought spicy syrup, but in case you feel creative, there are instructions to make your own below)
- Fresh chili pepper
- Chili salt for the rim
- Muddle chili in the bottom of a shaker tin.
- Add remaining ingredients and ice.
- Shake and strain into a rocks glass rimmed with chili salt over fresh ice.
- Drizzle more chili salt on top if you want
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.
- 1 cup: granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 chili pepper, sliced
- Stir together sugar, water, and sliced chili pepper in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high; cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; let stand 20 minutes.
- Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard chili slices.
- Chill syrup until ready to use.
The Spring/Summer 2020 issue of Vegan Good Life magazine is coming Mid-April and it is packed with the very best in plant-based fashion, travel, food, lifestyle, art & design. Just how we like it.
- over 20 pages of vegan fashion editorials
- interviews and in-depth articles
- high quality photography
- 144 pages of fine quality paper from sustainable forestry
- curated in Berlin & NYC
- printed in Germany
- shipped worldwide